The Hartley Boats team in Derby, UK are proud to continue the updated heritage of this safe 14ft sailing dinghy. The Wanderer is a high quality hand-built G.R.P. sailing dinghy suitable for all the family. At 4.27m (14 foot), this delightful dinghy can easily be sailed single-handed, it also handles very nicely with a crew of two and can safely accommodate up to four.
It’s excellent handling characteristics ensure that beginners can gain confidence quickly, The Wanderer Class Association has an active racing and social calendar for those who are up for a challenge, who want to improve their sailing or just enjoy the buzz of the racing scene.
The solid G.R.P. construction of the Wanderer provides good stiffness, long-term durability and very stylish lines. G.R.P. is easy to take care of. Ease of maintenance means that this dinghy can be kept at a high standard for many years.
The Wanderer is a very versatile craft with a range of options for training, cruising and racing. You can begin by rigging it for one purpose, such as training or racing and later, should your needs change, you can simply re-rig it for cruising for example.
So if you fancy pottering around with the ease of a furling Genoa or you would like the idea of having oars or even an outboard engine on board then the cruising Wanderer is the one for you.
On the other hand, if you prefer the excitement of racing, catching a breath-taking ride downwind under spinnaker with the wind and spray in your hair, then the racing model is probably the better Wanderer for you.
The Wanderer was redesigned by Phil Morrison and re-launched by Hartley Boats in 2008. It is now a very attractive and easy to manage craft that gives you the full advantage of modern dinghy design and boat building techniques. The Wanderer has an excellent pedigree and has been a very safe and popular sailing dinghy ever since it first came on the sailing scene in 1981.
Parallel 45 Marine is proud to be the exclusive Canadian importer and distributor for Hartley Boats.
- Created by one of the world’s best designers, Ian Proctor.
- Handling and stability one of the best in its field.
- It can be left on moorings.
- Takes up to four people.
- Very easy to right by one person.
- Righted with very little water to bail, self-drain tubes and bailers drain the water.
- Sensitive and responsive.
- Easily towed by a small car and can be launched by just one person.
- Optionally removable rear locker will take an outboard motor.
- Flexible, for experienced sailors to novices.
- Optional slab reefing, head buoyancy pads.
- Ideal for use with an outboard motor. Can be rowed.
- GRP construction means she will last and last.
- In case of a knock down the added option of Hartley Boats mast head flotation stops any inversion.
- The whole Hartley Boats fleet now comes with a standard 4-year industry leading warranty.
The Tech Specs
Length: 4.27m | 14′
Beam: 1.75m | 5′ 9″
Draft: 1.09m | 3′ 6″
Weight: 129.5 kg | 285 lbs.
Sail Area: Main & Genoa 10.68msq | 115 sq/ft
Spinnaker: 9.94 msq | 107 sq/ft
Portsmouth No: 1150
Please visit Hartley Boats at www.hartleyboats.com for more information.
|Wanderer Trainer||17 900 $|
|Wanderer Cruiser||20 500 $|
*All prices are in Canadian dollars. Boats are F.O.B. Sherbrooke, Quebec. Please contact us to order your boat!