The venerable Wayfarer is a high quality, hand-built in the U.K. A G.R.P. dinghy suitable for all the family. At just under 16 foot, this spacious dinghy can comfortably accommodate up to 6 adults although for racing you are only allowed a total of 2 crew.
Its excellent handling characteristics ensure that beginners quickly gain confidence and can relax and have fun sooner, but for more experienced sailors the Mark IV Wayfarer racer is a sheer delight at club racing or the challenges of the very competitive racing circuit.
The foam sandwich construction, of the Mark IV, provides excellent stiffness, long-term durability and very stylish lines. G.R.P. is easy to take care of which enables the Wayfarer to be maintained at a very high standard for many years.
The Wayfarer is a very versatile craft with a vast range of options for training, cruising and racing. It can be rigged for one purpose eg. cruising and later re-rigged to a different configuration eg. racing to meet changing need or interest.
The Racing Wayfarer is constructed with speed and agility in mind and provides an exhilarating three sail performance under spinnaker. This boat is very suitable for racing on short or long courses on inland and coastal waters. There is an active Wayfarer class association that provides a full schedule of racing events locally, nationally and internationally.
Parallel 45 Marine is proud to be the exclusive Canadian importer and distributor for Hartley Boats.
- Over 50 years of great racing history.
- Racing at every level from club to international championships.
- The latest racing version designed by Phil Morrison.
- Very active and accessible racing circuit.
- Can be raced with 2 or more crew.
- Easy to right and to sail away after a capsize even upwind.
- Righted with very little water in, self-bailers drain water rapidly.
- A full spectrum of race upgrade options is available.
- Flexible, for experienced sailors to novices.
- Optional slab reefing and masthead buoyancy for rough weather or novice racers.
- Strong GRP construction means she will perform well for many years.
- The whole Hartley Boats fleet now comes with a standard 4-year industry leading warranty.
- Hartley Boats, the friendly professional company that builds this boat and cares about its customers and products.
The Tech Specs
Length – 4.82m | 15′ 9″
Beam – 1.85m | 6′ 1″
Hull weight – 182.3kg | 400 lbs.
Main sail Area – 8.83m2 | 95 sq/ft
Jib sail Area – 2.79m2 | 30 sq/ft
Genoa sail Area – 4.27m2 | 46 sq/ft
Spinnaker Area – 13.5m2 | 145.3 sq/ft
Max, Carrying Capacity – 6 People
Portsmouth No: 1101
Please visit Harley Boats at www.harleyboats.com for more information.
*All prices are in Canadian dollars. Boats are F.O.B. Sherbrooke, Quebec. Please contact us to order your boat!